El tío vino hace pocas semanas a dar un clinic de guitarra. Es un personajazo y te hartas de reir con él. Bien, pues ha colgado en su facebook un video de un concierto que dio en Japón en el 93, y acompañando al video ha escrito la historia de aquel concierto, y la verdad es que es muy curiosa y me ha hecho muchísima gracia. Os la copio junto con el video (una buena versión del Hell bent for leather de los Judas). En los comentarios lo he traducido al español para quien no entienda demasiado inglés.
JEFF WATERS: Cool stories about this one!
1) It was against the law to dive into the crowd in Japan at that time (Breakin the Law?!?!)
2) Second, the end of this, I almost died of suffocation from a few thousand fans all trying to get to one place at the same time: to me! Stupid… maybe that is why they had that law? DUH!
3) Thirdly, the guy who grabbed my guitar at the end of this video was
my guitar tech. But he was also the guy on the back of the Alice In Hell record cover. He ended up being the Tour Manager for Nickleback, years later.
4) The guy standing on stage to the left, when i dove into the crowd, was my manager. He had, in his waist pack, all of the Japan tour’s money. A lot of money. He had to make the decision to jump in the crowd and save me OR to stay on stage with the money: He chose the money!
5) The bassist was supposed to have been our long-time bass player Wayne Darley. But because he had a criminal record, they would not let him into Japan (Duh!) We did not know about it. So our guitar player Dave Davis filled in on bass on that tour. He did great, considering he had one day to learn the whole set on bass! And even more difficult, I had to learn how to play all the 2-guitar parts, on one guitar. Didn’t sound that great and a lot of mistakes, but we did it!
6) I was in great shape physically ! hahahaha!